I use a 10 ml GE-healthcare Ni-sepharose FF column, packed myself.  I
strip it with EDTA after a run and then recharge before the next one.
It's has probably been used 30+ times, and I have no plans or
repacking it anytime soon, it still works as good as it ever did.  We
purify secreted proteins from insect cells, so it's a pretty clean
sample.  If you use lysates I would imagine you would need more
intensive cleaning with detergents and denaturants.  But if the resin
still turns blue (or pink for Co) it ought to work fine in my opinion,
unless the frits are clogged, or a large amount of precipitation is
trapped in the beads.  I would unpack the column and wash the resin in
batch mode in that case.
Nat