Dear Pascal,

There can be a number of reasons for this. Maybe fos-cholines are not very well suited for your membrane proteins of interest? - have you checked for activity or aggregation and compared to other detergents? If the detergent is optimal you may consider moving/extending the tag or changing it to the other terminus. Also: do you have enough column material? Have you tried to mix the resin and protein in batch instead of passing it on the column? Have you tried to recycle the load during binding?

Poul