Hi there:

I found that the grid values in the map file generated by CCP4-fft
generally has a mean value of ~0, and of course there will be lots of
negative values. This apparently is not the real physics, since the
electron density has to be positive everywhere (hope I am right). Can
somebody give me any hint how to convert the fft map file which has mean
value of 0, to a more physically meaningful map which has positive
densities everywhere? (I thought about offsetting the whole map by the
minimum negative values to make everything positive, but I doubt it is
right).

Best Regards, Hailiang