Hi,

I think the MAXCHN "errors" has been "fixed" in recent versions of CNS.
You must be using CNS v1.0 or v1.1.

So either you download and install a recent version (the latest is
v1.3), or you do as the error message suggests: you edit your anneal.inp
file, you locate "MAXCHN=" or "MAXCHN =" (or "maxchn=" or "maxchn =" -
can't tell you which one since I have removed previous versions of CNS
on my workstation) and you increase the figure after the = sign.

I cannot remember if the topology error message is related to the
problem with an insufficient number of chains set in the input file.

HTH,

Fred.