Uhh.  No.  You will only get "imaginary" electron density if your
structure factors violate Friedel's law.  I am not aware of map
calculation codes that do this (on purpose).

BTW, "imaginary electrons" are really just "slow" electrons that don't
respond to the x-rays as fast as the "average" electron in the unit
cell.  They can also be "faster" than average.  Because of this, if you
have a unit cell full of nothing but selenium atoms, you will get all
Bijvoet differences equal to zero.  Even at the selenium edge!

-James Holton
MAD Scientist