From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Machell, Jonathan
Sent: 06 July 2010 13:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question about upgrading to version 9.1

Yep – we do all ours in-house as well. Never been any problems.

I’d say the most important thing is having a near-identical test environment where you can perform the upgrade to 9.1.

But that’s probably obvious, as is stuff like having a back-out plan, full set of back-ups, etc., etc.

Getting Blackboard to do it was once an option we looked at, but then we saw how much they were going to charge for their services!

Wish we had a set of DBAs . . . I’m assuming a set is more than one person . . .

Regards,

Jonathan Machell