From: Vivienne Aldous [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 July 2010 14:44
To: Padfield, Tim; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Income Generation - Selling Transcriptions/Copies [UNCLASSIFIED]

Tim

So does that mean that if I, as an individual, go into Jackie's record office and take out my pencil, and transcribe the original document, not knowing that Jackie has already done it, I am in breach of her copyright of her transcript, if Jackie or staff have already transcribed it for someone else?

Vivienne Aldous

Freelance Archivist and Researcher