Please note this advert will not appear in ARC

The Museum of London is one of Europe's largest urban history museums and our staff are passionate about what they do. We employ a wide range of people in jobs as diverse as the team we are trying to build.

ARCHIVE CATALOGUER: PORT OF LONDON AUTHORITY COLLECTION

circa £23-£24,000 p.a. pro-rated for a 28 hrs week, plus Final Salary Pension Scheme

Fixed term contract for up to 12 months

.

The Museum of London is looking for a motivated individual to work as a senior member of a small project team.  You will review, sort, order and write multi-level catalogue records for the unique nineteenth century archives of the Port of London Authority's collection held at Museum of London Docklands. You will have the opportunity to work with project volunteers and also help promote the project to major stakeholders.

You will hold a postgraduate qualification in Archives Administration or equivalent experience and will have substantial experience of working on complex archival cataloguing projects. High levels of accuracy, attention to detail, excellent IT skills (including scanning and uploading records), together with great written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work unsupervised are essential. Subject interest and experience of working in a museum environment would be highly desirable.

Application forms and further details can be found at www.museumoflondon.org.uk/jobs <http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/jobs> .  Alternatively, please send a stamped self-addressed A4 envelope to Museum of London, 150 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5HN, marked for the attention of HR, quoting reference number IRSMOL21 -1

The closing date for applications is 21st July 2010 at 5pm.  Interviews will be held in the week commencing the 9th August 2010.

Only with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and cultures can we bring London's diverse histories to life and truly reflect the city and its people today.

Museum of London supports the '2 ticks' scheme for disabled candidates