Hi Everyone,

One for your diaries! This year's AAC Conference will be held on Wednesday 15th September 2010 at the Royal Society in Piccadilly, London. Registration will be from 9.30am and the day will open at 10am-I will send you the day's agenda shortly (please bear in mind that the venue may change however, if it does I will let you know prior to the day).

The conference is to launch this year's theme Discovery-Archives in Science, Medicine and Technology theme and again, it will be an opportunity for us all to come together and network, but primarily to discuss and showcase your work around this year's theme and reflect on one or two  events  on  last year's "Take Flight" theme. We also be delivering workshops on various interactive activities such as media training for those of you who want learn about how the media works, importance of press releases etc and for those of you who were trained last year you may want to use it as an opportunity to discuss your progress from last. We also have an interactive conservation game that I hope you will all be willing to partake in!

Our Guest Speaker will be Lisa Jardine CBE, Centenary Professor of Renaissance Studies at Queen Mary, University of London and NCA Patron.

The conference is free and open to all and lunch will be provided

Please let me know if can attend by registering at the following site:

http://archiveawarenesscampaign.wufoo.com/forms/archive-awareness-campaign-conference-15-september/

For further information, please contact me at The National Archives at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or tel 020 8392 5237

Royal Society:
The Royal Society
6-9 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AG
Nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus on the Piccadilly or Bakerloo line
http://royalsociety.org/How-To-Find-Us/

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The National Archives. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.