*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Dear all,

Re Applied post-PhD anthropologists in London.

This is a contact searching query, hope the list doesn't mind.

I am in the final year of my PhD Social Anthropology at the University of Oxford having previously worked as a broadcast journalist for the BBC, and also worked as a Media Advisor to several NGOs in the fields of human rights and international development alongside my PhD. In short, I have a mixed skills set of research and communications and a future orientation to work as an applied anthropologist.

Are there any London-based anthropologists on the list who've gone on to applied, non-academic careers after their PhDs in the fields of social policy, development, media, applied research or similar who would be happy to discuss experiences and share to what extent and how they've kept connections with academic research?

I'd be really grateful if anyone of this ilk had the time to get in touch for a chat.
Thanks very much.

All the best,
Cathy Baldwin

Cathy Baldwin, [log in to unmask]
http://www.meccsa.org.uk/pgn/pages/excom/cathybaldwin.html
Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford