I got the impresson you are  defending a position distinctive to you which you argue is not much appreciated,rather than one  " that is largely self evident and gleaned by access to academic or primary sources." An important aspect of scholarship is clarifying to oneself and others what might look obvious to one.Even then,I get the impression you are still in the process of thinking your ideas through.

thanks
toyin

On 2 July 2010 11:37, Jake Stratton-Kent <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On 2 July 2010 10:53, toyin adepoju <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm puzzled by this, Jake:
> "My input may be appreciated, but as entering academia is not my goal, the
> kind of feedback the forum permits can be very frustrating".
> I thought you were getting  spirited responses that show sensitivity to
> the perspectives you are developing or have I
> not been following the threads closely enough?
> thanks
> toyin

well, you weighing in has certainly helped me stay on my soapbox ;)

on the other hand, I am defending a case that is largely self evident
and gleaned by access to academic or primary sources. That is not all
I expect or need from an academic forum which involves practitioners.