re:

> Funny:
>

> and in this field in particular, epsecially at conferences, people are often (too)interested in who's a researcher, who's a practitioner and who's both, so i tend to hand some arcane symbol or other round my neck to save the first few minutes of each conversation

: )

thanks- before i got into that habit i once had a conversation at a general subject-area humanities conference with a 'name' academic, wo i had heard of but not previously met, who asked me what i was working on

"the history of Aleister Crowley and postwar occultism" i replied, eyeing the crucifix they had round their neck

they simply turned on their heel and walked away

so now i wear a subtle star or something simialr on my person or something to avoid wasting time : )
Dave E