From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Ian Evans
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC Digest - 16 Jul 2010 to 17 Jul 2010 (#2010-155)

Greetings,

The message about citations reminded me to ask if anyone can identify the book in which the following text appears?
My notes, part of which have been mislaid, suggest that the material appears on page 13 of the unidentified work, possibly a book by Hale……
I’m trying to locate the source for a citation in a PhD dissertation.

Princes of the Dark World:

Concerning the shapes and figures of the Spirits, you must know that they are very Monstrous, Terrible and Afrighting…..appearing in the shapes of Lions, Dragons, Elephants, Tygers, Bears and suchlike Terrible Beasts.

Besides, the Princes and those that attended them, tho all in the shapes of men, yet represented themselves monstrously misshapen, as with Ears like those of Cats, cloven Feet, ugly Legs and Bodies, Eyes fiery, sharp and piercing.

I would be very grateful if anyone can identify the book in question and provide author’s name, publisher, and date and place of publication.

Ian Evans