Hello Damien:

I have to agree with you on that!  I too live in the states and I see way more opportunities for esoteric studies abroad.  I was just thinking this morning what a shame it is.  I see so many lectures, seminars, workshops and classes about magic abroad and so little in the US.  Maybe it's time to put our heads together and do something about it to change that. ;)

Dayna

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Damien <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
As an occult-oriented scholar, working in the states, I'd have to say I've seen more serious opportunities for accredited scholarship presented in Europe and the UK than anywhere in the US.

--Damien
On shaded wings drift
FireDark discoveries
Soul Architecture.

--- On Thu, 7/8/10, Marie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Marie <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] magic and empiricism
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:40 AM

Hello,

Do you find the attitude towards esoteric studies varies a lot country to country? I'm in England and I don't see much serious interest here. Opportunities for academic study are very scarce and I think you have to have a degree in psychology first.

If science is interested, how do you deal with the sociopolitical short-sightedness?

Marie