Aloha,

On 7/21/2010 1:14 AM, nagasiva yronwode, YIPPIE Director wrote:
> I don't think that i saw this practical reference mentioned:
>
> 	R.J. Stewart, "The Underworld Initiation"
>
> in combination with the Matthews' "The Western Way", these
> were strongly recommended to me as valuable study materials
> by California Gardnerian witches in the 1990s, giving me
> the impression that some Underworld symbolism/ritualism
> were being emphasized.

R.J. Stewart emigrated from England to the USA in the 1990s,
to the San Francisco Bay Area, in fact, although he has moved
several times since then. He began offering an evolving series
of workshops and individual instruction that continues to this
day. In addition, he has continued to write books and to record
albums.

He brought with him links to several English/European
magical lines and lodges, including William G. Gray.
Stewart shares Gray's outlook on approaching inner esoteric
mysteries across various religious orientations.

I'd say that his presence in North America did enliven the overall
occulture scene and various magical and Neo-Pagan Craft
endeavors. Among other things, Stewart had personal
knowledge of and active links with English and European
practitioners known to us Americans mostly from books.

Stewart's Underworld Initiation material provides a useful
approach to and through Scottish/English/Irish/European
mostly folkloric or historical resources (as compared with
Tree of Life ritual and pathworking). Although I've never
seen it conducted as a ritual drama, I gotta say that it does
have possibilities, including Stewart's music.

Let me add that I am myself affiliated with Stewart's ongoing
endeavors.

Musing O! The Many, Many Connections & Influences! Rose,

Pitch