From: David Metcalfe <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, July 26, 2010 12:00:55 PM
Subject: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Audible Color - Good references?

Hi all,

I'm writing up an article on the history/practice of "audible color", basically
looking at the Pythagorean (ancient) connections between color & sound and how
that idea has developed over time.

It's for a music magazine called Alarm, which focuses on indie music and rising
artists, so I'm contextualizing it in how multi-media has centralized past
efforts with color organs, Scriabin's performance of The Poem of Fire, Claudel's
color organ, Harry Smith's animations, H. Lewis Spencer's Luxatone Color Organ,
etc. allowing artists to explore these ideas more freely than in the past.

I was wondering if there were any good reference materials out there and figured
someone on the list might have an idea.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best,

David Metcalfe