This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Adam

This looks like an ultra violet therapy machine to me rather than an ECT machine. So it won't really help you recreate Frankenstein. You could buy them for home use I think. The different glass shapes allowed you to direct the light at different parts of the body. The Elco company were one of the manaufacturers, but there were lots of others. I think Elco may still be going. They claimed to cure many ailments and were sold from the c1900 to the 1950s.

Ros Watson
Curator of Human History
Harrogate Museums and Arts
The Mercer Art Gallery
Swan Road, Harrogate, HG1 2SA Tel: 01423 556188 Fax: 01423 556130
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.harrogate.gov.uk

Exhibitions at Harrogate Museums & Arts
Royal Pump Room Museum
"Egyptology: Science Investigation" - discover some of our Ancient Egyptian treasures.  See how science is helping us learn more about our Ancient Egyptian objects.
"Well Travelled" Objects from around the world. Until 5 September 2010

Mercer Art Gallery
The Secret Garden
Exhibition inspired by Frances Hodgson Burnett's classic children's novel.
Until 6 June
Treasures of the Mercer
Highlights from the fine art collections.
Until 25 July

 Please ring 01423 556188 or visit our website for further details of our varied children's & adults activities programme.
www.harrogate.gov.uk/museums

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential or privileged,and is intended solely for the use of
the named recipient.If you are not the intended recipient,storing, copying or disclosing this email is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please delete it.
Any opinions are those of the author and not necessarily those of the Council.
No Officer is authorised to make a contract on the Council's behalf by email.
The recipient is responsible for virus checking this email and any attachments.
The Council does not accept service of legal documents by email.

Scanned by MailMarshal

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG.
To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST