Dear zooarchers:

I'm working on a project about burned bones and there are some papers I would like to read, but I don't have access to JAS. So, I was wondering if there is someone who could share any of them. If you have other suggestions, specially from your own work, I will appreciate them.

* Bennet. 1999. Thermal alteration of buried bone.  Journal of Archaeological Science 26: 1-8.

*Lubinski. 1996. Fish heads, fish heads: an experiment on differential bone preservation in a Salmonid fish.  Journal of Archaeological Science 23: 175-181.

* Shipman, Foster and Schoeninger. 1984. Burned bones and teeth: an experimental study of color, morphology. crystal strucrure and shrinkage. Journal of Archaeological Science 11: 307-325.

* Spenneman and Colley. 1989. Fire in a pit: the effects of burning on faunal remains. Archaeozoologia 3: 51-64.

* Stiner, Khun, Weiner and Bar Yosef. 1995. Differential burning, recrystalization, and fragmentation of archaeological bone. Journal of Archaeological Science 22: 223-237.

* von Endt and Ortner. 1984. Experimental effects of bone size and temperature on bone diagenesis. Journal of Archaeological Science 11: 247-253.

Thanks,
Daniela

--------Daniela N. Ávido
Facultad de Filosofía y Letras – Universidad de Buenos Aires
http://uba.academia.edu/DanielaAvido