From: The list of the European Society for Textual Scholarship and the Society for Textual Scholarship [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hawkins, Ann [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: loss of 'other editions' on google--please complain

Dear all,

You may not have noticed but Google has recently removed the 'see other editions' button from its search results.

Now it's very difficult to get to more than one volume of a multi-volume work... VERY DIFFICULT.
And it's almost impossible to access more than one year of a periodical,unless of course you access that work one year at a time, using the search by year feature.

I'm sure the consideration is that no one actually needs more than one edition of a work for anything important.

There's a button for feedback at the bottom of the pages. Please complain.

Ann

Ann R. Hawkins
Series Editor, History of the Book monographs
Pickering & Chatto, London

Associate Professor of Bibliography
Department of English
Texas Tech University