Hi

OK. Though I know the DPM developers built a version of 1.7.4 for both SL4 - and for SL5 32 bit.
So it does seem a little bit perverse not to give people access to it. I understand they won't to push people onto SL5 - but then, on the other hand, people are being pushed to stay on SL4 in order to support other services.

PS They announced that DPM 1.7.4 was certified at the 12th May GDB. 1.5 months before it being released in glite.
(I am not criticising - merely making the observation that the packaging process does seem to take a significant amount of time - perhaps why they might want to reduce the amount of OSs they deal with ! )

Wahid

On 30 Jun 2010, at 11:50, John Gordon wrote:

> Wahid, this is part of a much longer list of products with different
> levels of support. Some have been available for ages in 3.2 and are
> candidates for stopping 3.1 support, other aren't yet supported in 3.1
> so it obviously can't be dropped. I thought dpm was a special case
> because disk servers on 32 bit hardware would be a showstopper. Easy to
> get a new 64 bit box for a BDII, not so simple for a lot of disk
> servers.
>
> Thanks to everyone for their replies. No showstoppers yet.
>
> John

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.