Hi,

The EU tender kicks in at 150k. Manchester University offered me the
option of a fast track procedure with pre selected vendors. I decided to
go for the full tender because it the Uni suppliers were mostly high end
ones and this drastically reduced the choice for us to basically one
vendor.

If you can chose which suppliers to invite to tender I would go for the
usual suspect. All the suppliers working with HEP have benchmarked their
machines with HEPSPEC kits and know that they don't have to offer you
exotic kits.

cheers
alessandra

--
The most effective way to do it, is to do it. (Amelia Earhart)

Northgrid Tier2 Technical Coordinator
http://www.hep.manchester.ac.uk/computing/tier2