Hi everybody,
   I am just setting up starlink for the first time, and having some problems with the install.  I have a Mac running Snow Leopard so I expected it to cause some problems but even after downloading gfortran, starlink, the starlink patches and a specific tcltk update for Mac it is still giving me the same error:
[Elaina-Hyde:~] elainah% gaia
GAIA_DIR = /star/bin/gaia
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /star/lib/libtk8.5.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libtk8.5.dylib requires version 8.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0

I have my starlink located at /star and originally libiconv was located in /usr/bin/lib... I did try copying the files for libiconv and doing the install for tcltk specifically in /opt/local/lib... so I do have a file libtk8.5dylib inside /opt/local/lib.  I was wondering if I need to try to point directly to it.  Right now I have a .bashrc file which is very simple:
alias emacs=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
alias ds9=/Applications/SAOImageDS9.app/Contents/MacOS/ds9
alias gimp=/Applications/Gimp.app/Contents/MacOS/Gimp

and my .profile is:
export PATH=/Library/Framework/GTK+.framework/Resources/bin:$PATH
PATH =$PATH:/usr/local/bin
export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

this is a very simple setup and so far it has worked great for running my Iraf-Latex-ds9-gnuplot data reductions, however starlink is proving to be a bit more of a problem.  Once it is working I want to get the 2dfdr up and running for reducing AAOmega data, but so far I haven't been able to get it past opening Gaia.  If anyone else has done this and has some pointers I would appreciate it.  Thanks
~Elaina Hyde