Hi all,

I am having a problem with GAIA, which attempts to launch "netscape" (a
browser we no longer have installed).

Here we are running the Starlink Hawaiki 64bit version (thus GAIA
v4.4.0) in a Fedora 8 PC.

The problem shows up when doing the following:
Load some image in gaia
Data-Servers -> Catalogs -> NED at CADC
Then, in the new window, click on Search
Click on any of the objects found, then "More Info"

The error message is "Warning: couldn't start netscape: couldn't execute
"netscape": no such file or directory.

I was unable to find in GAIA itself an option to change the browser.
However,  I discovered that there exists a variable, HTX_BROWSER, which
defines which browser to use (I set it to /usr/bin/firefox)
Unfortunately, it does not work as expected: while now, on the main GAIA
windows, Help -> About SkyCat  indeed launches firefox, the problem with
the catalog still remains.

I tried a simple trick like "alias netscape /usr/bin/firefox", but with
no success.

Does anybody has a suggestion on how to fix this problem or some workaround?

Thanks very much,

Nicola

ADVERTENCIA: Sobre la privacidad y cumplimiento de la Ley de Protección de Datos, acceda a http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php
WARNING: For more information on privacy and fulfilment of the Law concerning the Protection of Data, consult http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php?lang=en