On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Paul Kerry wrote:

> Even though we don't have netscape installed any more either, I've
> created a symbolic link from netscape to firefox as the root user which
> does the trick - in your case that's probably...
>
> ln -s /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/netscape
>
> Setting aliases or environment variables doesn't work for me either.

Hi Nicola & Paul,

sorry the use of netscape is hardcoded into Skycat, so there's no way
around this other than to do what you've done and set up a softlink
somewhere in a directory on PATH that links firefox or mozilla to netscape
(aliases will not work for this sort of execution).

Note that to see the GAIA on-line help you can use:

    showme gaia

that will respect the HTX_BROWSER setting.

Cheers,

Peter.