Hi

The Law Society website does give some guidance on the retention of client
files.  There is no definitive retention schedule and your Firm needs to
devise their own, however, the following practice notes are available:

File retention relating to wills, deeds, etc
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/productsandservices/practicenotes/fileretention.page
Anti Money Laundering practice notes
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/productsandservices/practicenotes/aml/amlprint.page

Client Care Letters