...this is the last call out for Einstein's Garden this year - I promise! Ellen x

Einstein’s Garden at the Green Man Festival

Call for workshop proposals

Einstein’s Garden is a creative fusion of science, art and nature. Engaging with ideas, knowledge and opinion this area of the Green Man Festival offers a patchwork of perspectives about the universe we inhabit and our place within it. The name ‘Einstein’ is associated with originality, creativity and quirkiness and it is these qualities that Einstein’s Garden embodies. The area’s venues are packed with a vibrant programme of events that use art, entertainment, participation and debate to engage people with the diverse aspects of science and nature in fun, quirky and unexpected ways. This year the key theme for Einstein’s Garden is ‘grassroots ideas’ so we are inviting a wide range of contributors from scientists, artists and designers to craftspeople, activists and entrepreneurs to share their ideas, as well as giving festival goers the opportunity to make their own contributions and have their voice heard.

Thrift Workshops is a new project running in Einstein’s Garden this year. These workshops will showcase ideas from designers, scientists, artists and craftspeople who will share their creative and innovative ways of reusing, recycling, rehashing and reclaiming to consume less and be more sustainable.

We are asking for anyone with a great idea for running a workshop in being thrifty to send us a proposal (max one side of A4). The proposal should include: a single sentence description of the workshop that could be included in a programme, workshop content, materials and equipment used, age suitability, number of facilitators (max 2) and their previous experience in running workshops, workshop duration and any health and safety considerations.

We are particularly interested in original, unusual and contemporary perspectives on the concept of ‘thrift’.

Workshops will take place in the Einstein’s Garden Workshop Tent. Chairs and tables will be available if needed. Workshops should ideally last 30-45 minutes and must last no longer than 60 minutes. Facilitators must provide any materials and equipment needed themselves. The set-up and clear-up times for the workshop must be no longer than 10 minutes.

Workshop Facilitators will receive a festival ticket for themselves and a guest but expenses will not be covered.

Please send proposals to [log in to unmask]
Deadline for proposals – Monday 21st June. Only successful applicants will be notified.
For more information about the Green Man Festival go to www.greenman.net

********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk