There are a couple of possibilities that spring to mind, but it may be
that neither are suitable.

The Sutton Trust support widening participation, and I know they do (or
have) supported a lot of Summer Schools, but I think they are now
focused far more on research and policy work than the kind of project
you are talking about.
http://www.suttontrust.com/projects.asp

The Esmee Fairbain Foundation support lots of educational projects, but
they also have quite strict funding criteria and (my understanding is)
it must be innovative and expected to make a big difference.
http://www.esmeefairbairn.org.uk/funding/index.html

I'm assuming the sums involved are relatively small, have you tried
local businesses or Rotary clubs?

Good luck!

Soph

Sophia Collins
Producer
I'm a Scientist - Winner of the Sciencewise-ERC People's Choice Award for excellence in Public Engagement with Science.
	event site | www.imascientist.org.uk
	project blog | http://imascientist.org.uk
	twitter | http://twitter.com/imascientist
I'm a Councillor | www.bigvote.org.uk

Gallomanor Communications Ltd | www.gallomanor.com
01225 869413
31 Silver Street
Bradford on Avon
BA15 1JX

Registered in England&  Wales, No. 03980700.
Registered Address: Duckmead Cottage, Farleigh Wick, Bradford-on-Avon, BA15 2PU

On 02/06/2010 17:43, Carpenter Angela Ms (SCI) wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I wonder if I can pick your brains, please?  I am looking for a
> funding stream to support a couple of activities scheduled to take
> place during a science and engineering-focused summer school for a
> group of 30 post-16 students.  All of the students are considering
> studying a STEM subject at an HEI, and the scheduled activities will
> include a visit to a local STEM-based employer, plus one leisure
> activity for them to enjoy. The students are from a wide geographical
> area (Britain and beyond) and this seems to be the stumbling block
> when looking for funding.
> I have exhausted the usual routes (Aimhigher, LEA G&T budgets, etc),
> and I wondered if anyone had any success with alternatives, please?
> All ideas gratefully received!
> Many thanks in advance for your help.
> Kind regards
> Angela Carpenter
> STEMNet Brokerage Coordinator
> Faculty of Science
> Blackdale Building
> University of East Anglia
> Norwich
> NR4 7TJ
>
> Landline:  01603 591659
> Mobile:    07826 877188
> Email:     [log in to unmask]
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following message:
>
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
>
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to
> [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the
> message:
>
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
>
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the message:
>
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
>
> 4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including
> list archive, can be found at the list web site:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html
>
> 5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication
> and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk
>
> 6. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to
> mailto:[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:mailto:[log in to unmask]>

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message: