From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mary Smolen
Sent: 15 June 2010 13:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Phased Returns and Annual/Unpaid Leave

Hello List

A new development at our Trust.  A Directorate Manager has announced that all staff having a phased return must use annual leave or unpaid leave  hours to make up the difference to their contracted hours.  As OH we have been asked to advise any staff from this Directorate about this when making recommendations.  The practice in the past has always been 'at the Manager's discretion' - which incidentally also caused problems.  We strongly feel this new 'rule' will actually increase sickness absence, and are naturally concerned for staff in this Directorate.  Does anyone know the legality of this?  Advice, information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mary

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: