I don't want to labour this point but the problem with middle aged, menopausal women lies in the male GPs who deal (or frequently don't deal) with their symptoms.  Yes I know that is a sweeping and judgemental statement but I see enough women in this stage of their lives to think either the GPs in my catchment area are particularly ignorant or uncaring about the menopause, or that it is another reason for discriminating against women who may not be, shall we say, quite so decorative as they once were. I can even quote my own, well long past experience.  The amazing thing is, there is so much that can be done to help this inevitable stage in a woman's life that one can only wonder why this state of affairs exists.

Now the cat (pun not intended) is amongst the pigeons and I have no more to say on the matter other than, middle aged women are neither no more nor no less employable than women of any other age or indeed of men.  That some choose to demonstrate 'laziness', 'intractability', or downright bloody mindedness is simply one of the many aspects of the human condition regardless of sex, age, status or any other aspect of their existence.

Jay
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Diane Romano-Woodward
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 7:18 AM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] ageing cleaner

It looks like BOHRF http://www.bohrf.org.uk/projects/cur_proj.html

are looking into research around ageing workforce . I look forward to hear about it when completed

Ageing, Work and Health: An Investigation of Working

Women's Experience of the Menopause

Executive Summary

Performance and productivity of middle aged women at work can reduce

due to effects of the menopause. This has substantial implications

because two thirds of women of menopausal age are in paid employment

in the UK. This applied research is designed to produce a first time

evidence base for improving the health and productivity of women at work

who have difficulty with the menopause.

Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up now. ******************************** Please remove this footer before replying.