From: Sharon SMith <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Stress & RTW
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, 11 June, 2010, 12:57

I have a similar issue with an employee who is off with depression, he states his only issue is he doesn't like the role he has been doing for 6 years. Despite many questions I cannot define why he doesn't like it,he states he just that he doesn't like it and it is causing him to be depressed doing it, he says there is no other cause for him to be feeling as he is. Medical report has been received from GP who says that the only way he will sign him as fit to return to work is if adaptations are made to his work place but no advise on functional ablilty. I have advised HR that they may want to discuss him returning to work in another role but because I am able to give no reason other than he doesn't like the job they are reluctant to do this again capability issues have been raised. This employees sick pay is starting to run out and he has started contacting me every other day asking about role change. I have explained that I have made my recommendations to HR and they are dealing with it. I have done HAD scale with him and it is showing that he isn't depressed, he is stating he feels much better and just wants to RTW but not doing original role.

"Naylor, Sharon [HMPS]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: [log in to unmask]

06/11/2010 12:25 PM
Please respond to
Occupational Health mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Stress & RTW

If relationship with manager problematic then would think that clinical
intervention may not be the best way to resolve the issue - how about
mediation between all relevant parties? In my experience little can be
achieved by OH if there is a stand off between two camps