Today's Oxford DNB Life of the Day is Michael Hicks' biography of Anthony
Woodville  [Wydeville],  second Earl Rivers  (c.1440-1483), magnate.  He may
be of interest to this list because of his piety, pilgrimage and crusading
endeavours as well as his literary works.  I have an affection for him as I
wrote my undergraduate dissertation on him and, not long ago, reading his
will (where he pleads with Richard (III), duke of Gloucester to see that it
is honorued) in The National Archives made me weep!

To read this Life of the Day complete with a picture of the subject,
visit http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/lotw/2010-06-25

Rosemary Hayes

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]