Hi Chris

Apologies for the delayed reply - I've been in Aspire meetings all
day...

I'm happy to see a discussion on potential sources of such data if
others think that this is something worth exploring.

At present, LLR uses the Syndetics service for on-demand enhancement of
catalogue records; where TOC content is available for a Book the data is
good (though better for a single author rather than an edited title),
but the hit rate is somewhat patchy. Other Aspire customers may use
services like Blackwell TOC catalogue enrichment (callable through a
return z-look-up on the local catalogue?). Many 'next gen' library
search applications include a range of record augmentation services.
Worldcat has some nice TOC data; Google Books too :)

For other material formats (including, most obviously, DVD and CD) I
think it's worth considering optional record enhancement services more
generally.

Richard

Richard Cross
Resource Discovery and Innovation Manager
Libraries and Learning Resources
Hollymount House
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham NG1 4BU
t: +44(0)115 848 4878
m: 07789 983916
e: [log in to unmask] <blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]>