Hi,

I've been asked to forward this message to this list on behalf of the Royal Society. I am sure you will find it  interesting - it's a positive move by the Royal Society.

Royal Society Publishing and Open Access

***Apologies for cross posting***

In keeping with our role as the UK's national academy of science, The Royal Society is committed to the widest possible dissemination of research outputs. Consequently, our own publishing operation is one of the most open access of all science publishers.

From 2012 we shall implement a new and more transparent pricing policy in which the price of each journal is tied to the number of non-open access articles published in that journal and each journal will publish the relevant article counts annually. We recognise the legitimate concerns of the research community that publishers of hybrid open access journals should take full account of the income they receive from article charges when setting subscription prices and believe that this model represents a coherent and viable way forward.

For further information on our new and more transparent pricing policy please visit:

http://royalsocietypublishing.org/site/authors/EXiS.xhtml#question2

All our content is currently free to access<http://royalsocietypublishing.org/journals> until 30 July 2010
To celebrate a summer of science and the launch of See Further: the Festival of Science and Arts, we are pleased to announce that the Royal Society Digital Journal Archive will be freely available to view until 30 July 2010. Our archive dates back to 1665 and contains in excess of 68,000 articles, from the first ever article published in our oldest journal Philosophical Transactions to the most recent interdisciplinary article published in our youngest journal Interface Focus.
Access our archive <http://royalsocietypublishing.org/info/archive> today and remember that all articles <http://royalsocietypublishing.org/journals> are completely free to access until 30 July 2010
Shania Khan
Library Relations

Tel +44 (0)20 7451 2216
Fax +44 (0)20 7930 2170
Web royalsocietypublishing.org<http://royalsocietypublishing.org/>

The Royal Society
6-9 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AG

Registered Charity No 207043
See further with the Royal Society in 2010 - celebrate 350 years of excellence in science

Cheers
Lesley

Lesley Crawshaw
Knowledge &  Business Intelligence Consultant
Information Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Tel: 01707 285508