Hi Steve and Jeanine

I don't do anything at Stockport but at a previous library we use to stamp them when reshelving and just mark usage on a tally sheet.  The stamp was in a different colour and just gave a guide to usage - if it was very popular we didn't stamp it every time but we did count it on the sheet.  We asked readers to leave the books on the table which meant we did more shelving!  I think this method is quicker than 'ghost' reader and you get a reasonable amount of information.

regards, Mary

Mary Hill
Library Manager
Multidisciplinary Education Centre Library
Pinewood House
Stepping Hill Hospital

Tel: 0161 419 5809         Fax: 0161 419 5696
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website:
www.stockport.nhs.uk (for our staff)

Have you explored the information on
www.evidence.nhs.uk ?

>>> "Fielding Jeanine (LTHTR)" <[log in to unmask]> 04/06/2010 09:09 >>>

Hi Steve

We don't at LTH. Mandy & I discussed the possibility of doing this last year, but didn't take it forward.

I too would be interested in hearing if other libraries do this & their views on whether it is a useful exercise. Do the libraries do it consistently? Or do they take snapshots (i.e. do it over certain time periods & extrapolate these statistics to give a yearly total)?

Many thanks

Jeanine

Jeanine Fielding, Operational Library Manager

Library & Information Service

Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Education Centre 1

Royal Preston Hospital

Sharoe Green Lane

Preston PR2 9HT

Tel: 01772 524294  Fax: 01772 523491  E: [log in to unmask]

Be part of the 6 Book Challenge! Great prizes to be won! Ask for details at either the Royal Preston or Chorley District Hospital libraries.

Have you had an appraisal in the last twelve months?  If not, please discuss this with your line manager.....