Hi all,

the PDF available in our repository are also downloaded mainly by
Google. Google scholar rate is also increasing since these 2-3 previous
years. Here is our download source's ranking for the last month :

    * Google : 76.2%
    * Google scholar : 5.5%
    * Archimer : 5.4%
    * Yahoo : 1.4%
    * Ifremer search : 0.6%
    * Scientific commons : 0.5%
    * Bing : 0.5%
    * Avano : 0.2%
    * ...

 From the IP adresse of our end-users, we know that 20% of the users
come from universities or scientific organisations. From the end-users
queries, we can guess than the 80% others may be students at home,
private compagnies and of course private persons.

We have already developed a link between our repository and the scientic
teams (ex: http://archimer.ifremer.fr/biblio.jsp?dep=LERLR) and
localisation (ex: http://archimer.ifremer.fr/biblio.jsp?site=argenton)
web sites. This is done through a link with our LDAP annuary. We are now
trying to convince our management to let us link the persons annuary to
automatically display the biblio of each author from our repository...

Kind regards,
Fred

--
Fred Merceur
Ifremer / Bibliothèque La Pérouse

*Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement!*