On 06/01/2010 01:57 PM, Paolo Mangiafico wrote:
> Has anyone had success with embedding feeds from their IR directly into
> researcher profile pages or relevant department or institute web sites?
> This is an approach we're planning to try at Duke University, with the
> idea that no potential reader should need to know what an IR is or to go
> look for something in one. In addition to having IR contents exposed to
> search engines for the reasons already stated, we figure that having
> links to these materials in the web pages of the authors and their
> organizations might be another good way to lead people to them, without
> potential readers necessarily needing to know or care about the IR
> itself. Can anyone share examples or where this approach has already
> been used, and how it has worked?
>
> Thanks...
>
> -- Paolo
>
> Paolo Mangiafico
> Duke University
> Durham, NC, USA

NC State provides a Web Service interface to their Scholarly
Publications Repository with which departments across campus embed
citations in their web pages.  This has led to increased submissions,
though mostly of CVs that the library turns into citation records.
Departments seem to like to use feeds of their faculty's citations for
recruitment which induces administrators to prod faculty into updating
the library's repository.

NC State's SRP contains about 43k citations.  About 10% of those have
full-text associated with them.  It would have been a very limiting
approach to only collect citations with full-text.

Jim