Posted on behalf of Gail Falkingham, North Yorkshire County Council

With apologies for any cross posting. Please find below details of a vacancy within the Historic Environment Team of North Yorkshire County Council.
I would be grateful if you could circulate this email to anyone you think would be interested in applying.
Job Title & Reference
Historic Environment Record Officer: E6/02/10
Directorate
Business and Environmental Services - Economic and Rural Service
Location
County Hall, Northallerton
Salary
Band 11 | £26,276 - £28,636 per annum
Working option
Full time | 37 hours a week
Closing Date
Interview Date
Friday 16 July 2010
As part of the Historic Environment Team of North Yorkshire County Council, you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the North Yorkshire Historic Environment Record (HER). You will promote awareness of, and access to, the HER for education, research, interpretation and other projects and promote an understanding of the importance of the historic environment. We are looking for a professional archaeologist with a broad range of ICT skills and a proven track record in managing and maintaining HERs. Knowledge of all periods of British archaeology and landscape history is essential, as are partnership working and good communication skills. A degree or equivalent in archaeology, or a closely related subject, is required. Specific practical experience of using HBSMR, Access and MapInfo GIS would be an advantage, but is not essential.
For further information or to discuss the post, please contact Gail Falkingham, Historic Environment Team Leader on (01609) 532839.
To apply please log onto www.nyccjobs.co.uk or alternatively call (01609) 798730.
Thank you,
Gail
Gail Falkingham,
Historic Environment Team Leader
Countryside Service
Economic and Rural Services
Business and Environmental Services
North Yorkshire County Council
County Hall
Northallerton DL7 8AH

Direct Dial: 01609 532839
Customer Service Centre: 08458 727374
Office Fax: 01609 532558
www.northyorks.gov.uk/archaeology

Access your county council services online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.northyorks.gov.uk.
WARNING
Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of North Yorkshire County Council.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any information to anyone, notify the sender at the above address and then destroy all copies.
North Yorkshire County Councils computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. All GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.
Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.
If you receive an automatic response stating that the recipient is away from the office and you wish to request information under either the Freedom of Information Act, the Data Protection Act or the Environmental Information Regulations please forward your request by e-mail to the Data Management Team ([log in to unmask]) who will process your request.

North Yorkshire County Council.