SORRY FOR CROSS-POSTINGS - DO PASS ON TO INTERESTED COLLEAGUES

It is now 3 weeks until the 3rd Annual HEIR Conference "Developing a
Framework for Institutional Research: Informing Institutional
Enhancement, Practice and Strategy" on the 29th and 30th June 2010,
hosted by Dublin City University, Ireland.

*Conference Registration*
Delegates can register at the following secure link:
https://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/registration.php3

*Conference Sub-themes*
The conference will explore:

* The role of Institutional Research in Quality Enhancement
* IR and Approaches to Strategic Planning and Decision-making
* Evidence-based Decision-making: Tools and Methods
* Institutional Research and the Student Experience
* Teaching and Learning Enhancement

More information on our conference themes can be found here:
http://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/themes.shtml

*The Conference Programme:*
The conference programme can be found at the following link:
https://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/programme.shtml

Keynote Speakers
Three keynote speakers have now been confirmed for the conference,

Prof. Janet Beer- Vice Chancellor, Oxford Brookes University, Chair of
the National Steering Group for the National Student Survey
Prof. Robin Middlehurst- Professor of Higher Education & Director of
Strategy, Research and International, Leadership Foundation for Higher
Education, Kingston University
Mr Tom Boland- Chief Executive, Higher Education Authority, Ireland

*Conference Accommodation:*
Accommodation at the DCU Campus Residences can be reserved automatically
as part of your conference registration.
We have also secured rates with two local hotels- The Crowne Plaza in
Northwood, and the Holiday Inn Express.  Should delegates wish to stay
here they should contact the hotel independently citing the booking
reference codes cited on the conference registration webpage.

*Conference Social Activities:*
Monday 28th June: A welcome reception will be held for all travelling
delegates who arrive in Dublin on the evening prior to the opening of
the conference.  The welcome reception will be held in DCU's Albert
College from 7.30pm-9pm.  Refreshments and canapes will be served.

Tuesday 29th June: The conference dinner will be held in the Guinness
Storehouse.  A drinks reception in the Gravity Bar will commence at
7.30pm, when guests can also avail of a guided tour around elements of
the Storehouse visitors centre.  Dinner will be held in the Arrol Suite
at 8.15pm.
Transportation to the Guinness Storehouse will be provided to delegates
travelling from the DCU campus or from the Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn
Express in Northwood.

If you have any queries regarding registration, please contacted Aisling McKenna on
+353 (0)1 700 6103 or by email: [log in to unmask]

Please feel free to forward this email to other colleagues and
co-workers who you think would be interested in attending.

Best Wishes,
Aisling McKenna
DCU Conference Organiser on behalf of the HEIR Network.

Dr Helena Lim
Senior Adviser, HEIR Network coordinator
The Higher Education Academy

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131