Really? As compared with the option of filling all of the hotswap
bays with high capacity storage disks and putting the OS on a
partition of the RAID?

Obviously having 36 storage drives beats 34 storage drives with
two hotswap OS disks, but does skimming the few Gb needed for the
OS off the top of the array actually make much difference?

Ewan