In addition to Soumyajit's question: what are the most recent thoughts of the crustal thickness of the Himalayas in general?
Cheers!
Douwe

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Soumyajit Mukherjee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,

     I understand this is a region specific question but could you let me know the present thickness of crust below the Tso Morari Dome in the western Indian Himalaya? Please also provide complete reference. Secondly, is it justified to assume 30 km thickness of this crust before the India-Asia collision ~ 55 Ma back?

Sincerely,
Dr. Soumyajit Mukherjee
Assistant Professor
Department of Earth Sciences