Dear Roger,

thanks a lot for your support and for the point you make to the last
email of Matteo Levi.
I should apologise for not having answered to the requests of
clarifications that came from several members of this mailing list but
I prefer not to start a one to one dispute with a person, that did not
even qualify himself - is he a film man or a geologist? -, that is
clearly against anithing INGV did and is doing.
We are scientists and we do not want to become trapped with politics.

I think that a good explanation of what is the situation can be found
in the today News published by Nature today
http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100622/pdf/465992a.pdf

Daniela
--
Daniela Pantosti
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia

Def. Quota "Musson, Roger M W" <[log in to unmask]>:

> I think that the allegation that INGV staff are falsifying
> signatures on the open letter is outrageous. If the poster has
> evidence of abuse, he should present it, otherwise he should
> withdraw the allegation and apologise.
>
> Roger Musson

Il contenuto di questa e-mail e' rivolto unicamente alle persone cui
e' indirizzato, e puo'
contenere informazioni la cui riservatezza e' tutelata.
E' proibita la copia, la divulgazione o l'uso di questo messaggio o
dell'informazione ivi
contenuta da chiunque altro che non sia il destinatario indicato.
Se avete ricevuto questa e-mail per errore, vogliate cortesemente
comunicarlo immediatamente per telefono, fax o e-mail. Grazie.

This e-mail is intended only for person or entity to which is
addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure.
Copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein
by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this
e-mail by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone, fax or e-mail.
Thank you.