Hi Mark,

Reading your email on the inconsistencies between qform and sform I got
concern about the orientation of our DTI images. We acquired these images on
a Phillips scanner and we used r2agui, a matlab script written from someone
at John Hopkins, to transform them into nifti format.

the q form is like this
xorient R to L
yorient A to P
z orient S to I

and the sform has the y and z flipped
xorient R to L
yorient P to A
z orient I to S

According to the forum, the bottom one reflects radiological convention. We
have not got any warnings and the images viewed in fslview are not flipped
in the y and z direction.
Should we change the q form?

thanks!

Our DTI images, which we converted using an applet called m

--
Valeria Della-Maggiore, Ph. D
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine