Hi Mahinda,

to add a few words to Stam's answer: very generally, you can see an increase of mode when there is a transition from "disc" shape to more "cigar" shape anisotropy.

This can mean a selective degeneration in two crossing fibres in a neurodegenerative disorder for instance (as in my poster that you're mentioning), this can also mean a more linear anisotropy, which you would maybe see in healthy subjects with, say, motor learning for instance, just like an increase of FA would then also be seen.

Hope this helps,
Gwenaelle