Hi James,

I think you bring up the main problem with digital mark and that's the sacred, how could it be? I tend to think of things being sacred that are earthy, I see a real spirituality in art. In saying this I have no objection to Digital art but as with all mediums it sits in a different box, it will never be sacred. One issue is the ease of reproduction and the manner in which it is viewed by the world. It is hard to connect with something on a screen and print off's also don't seem to live up to the 'original'.

It would seem the problem is dissemination of a digital image and staying true to it's form, but then what is it's form? when it is so fluid. Thinking of that have you read Bauman's - Liquid Modernity?

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Nathan Chenery

www.nathanchenery.co.uk
www.revolving-gallery.com