Matthew Marcinek
SPED 330
Reflection Paper

SPED 330 has introduced me to the history of disabilities. Since my major is Occupational Safety, the main courses I have taken throughout my college career were mathematics and science courses. SPED 330 was a new experience for me and it has opened up my eyes to the different types of problems that many people face. When I first started this course, I wasn’t sure how it would benefit me and help me with my major. After reading many essays, I realized that people with disabilities are everywhere and have special needs.  As a safety major, it will be my job in the future to provide safety for many of these special needs.
	 In the future, my job will be to inspect work areas to make sure that they are safe. Most places today are handicap accessible. However, in order for there to be handicap accessible areas, they must pass inspection and reach the safety requirements. It will be my job to make sure those places for people with disabilities are safe. Gaining knowledge about disabilities through this course has made me realize how many special needs there are for people with disabilities and the requirements that must be met.
I wish that I had learned about special education earlier in my life rather than going into my senior year of college. I think that special education should be taught in high schools in order to open up students minds so they are more prepared when they enter college or he real world. Over all, I feel that this class was very beneficial and I am very glad that I got the chance to take it.

Archives and tools are located at: