I decided at the start of this particular discussion i would not add to it as I may feel the urge to speak rather plainly and not articulate myself quite as eloquently as others have done on this subject. I shall contain the urge to rant.

To say some measure of 'enlightenment' is better than none is rot. Particularly when in my opinion, the students 'sympathy' 'admiration' and an apparent newfound 'acceptance' and 'understanding' merely shows a naivety that could prove as dangerous as ignorance. It was cringe-worthy reading (oops - there it is - my plain-speak).

I urge those students to question why some people may get a little ticked off with such views and challenge the tutor/lecturer using further debate. The responsibility of the tutor/lecturer should not cease on module close.

If i seem a little harsh - i make no apologies : )

Archives and tools are located at: