This course has taught me a lot about how I view not only people with disabilities, but the world also. I feel as though I have been naïve about things, when I now know that people with disabilities have a very sad history. I have learned much about the history of people with disabilities and their efforts to be treated equal to everyone else. Knowing what I know now, I can move forward and make sure that history does not repeat itself. I know that the knowledge that I possess can be shared with others and be used to improve society and its outlook of people with disabilities.
	As a Business Administration major with a concentration in management, I am preparing myself to enter the world of business. Not only will I be working in business, but I plan on leading the workforce. There is a very good chance that I will encounter several people who have disabilities. With the knowledge and outlook that I have, I can ensure that I can do whatever is possible to make any employee feel like they belong. I believe that people with disabilities have been forced by society to be segregated. The government has laws that disallow this, but many people still feel awkward around people with disabilities. A lot of time this comes from a lack of understanding. People are usually afraid of what they do not understand. With my role in management, I can certainly emphasize how people who have disabilities are just as vital to the workplace as everyone else.
	By my efforts I can teach others what I have learned. The old saying goes “Knowledge is power”. With the spread of my knowledge other people in business can share the same views as me. They can then continue to share. Like a ripple effect society can learn more and make this world better for those who have disabilities. I believe that actions speak louder than words. If I can show people by doing, rather than saying, I can make a greater impact.

Archives and tools are located at: