As the mother of a 14 year old son with Down syndrome who draws and
has already won several prizes and had exhibitions this is an issue
close to my heart - he has a curator who refuses to label his work
outsider art - which I totally agree with - I also refuse to see his
talent as simply a by product of his intellectual disability - a
savant for example - however there is little space for him to be taken
seriously without the word disability tagging along.

Fiona

Fraser Pollock Artwork
http://web.me.com/fplace/Fraser_Pollock/About_Me.html

Archives and tools are located at: