Euan

Not sure if it is relevant (and apologies if you are already familiar with
it) but Christian Noldıs work may interest you. He describes himself as both
an artist and an activist and has done a number of projects where
individualıs responses (verbal, physical etc) to their environment are
imposed on, or in some cases substituted for, more conventional maps:
http://www.softhook.com/

Stephen

On 16/6/10 15:52, "Hague, Euan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm looking into "mapping from the ground up" projects that developed after
> Kevin Lynch's well-known "The Image of the City". Does anyone have suggestions
> of good examples of such work? I know about the 1970s 'mental maps' work by
> Downs and Stea, but other examples would be appreciated, especially those that
> had a political edge.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Euan
>

> Euan Hague, Ph.D.
>
> Chair, Department of Geography
>
> DePaul University, Chicago

Stephen Boyd Davis
Reader in Interactive Media
Acting Head, Art and Design Research Institute
Head, Lansdown Centre for Electronic Arts
Middlesex University, Cat Hill, Barnet, Herts  EN4 8HT
United Kingdom
Tel 44 (0)20 8411 5072
The Lansdown Centre's Web Pages are at http://www.cea.mdx.ac.uk/