London's Olympic Waterscape

I am posting on behalf of a 6-person team of PhD candidates from the Geography Department at Royal Holloway, University of London. We recently had the wonderful opportunity to participate in the Creative Campus Initiative, part of the London 2012 Olympic bid. In addition to a photographic exhibit on campus which took place yesterday evening (and went swimmingly!), we were also able to create a film about the changes that are taking place in East London due to the Olympic construction.

If you are interested in seeing it, the video can be viewed at http://vimeo.com/12349415

Hope you enjoy it - we would love for you to post any feedback on the video page!

Here is a blurb about it:
With the Olympics coming to London in 2012, the East London landscape, an area with a rich industrial history built around a series of braided waterways in the Lea Valley, is under constant construction and restructuring.

Our team, comprised of Ellie Miles, Alison Hess, Michael Anton, terri moreau, Amy Cutler and Bradley L. Garrett worked to capture what these Olympic waterways represent to the people who care about them. The film considers how the 2012 Olympics are transforming the area and what the future of this "Olympic waterscape" might be.

Bradley L. Garrett
PhD Candidate
Geography Department
Royal Holloway, University of London
W: http://www.hackingplace.com

'Place is the first of all beings, since everything that exists is in a place
and cannot exist without a place.'

        - Archytas, as cited by Simplicius